FREE SOFTWARE FOR DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION STUDENTS - OFFICE 265
1. Logon to the student portal when you are at home.
2. Scroll down to "Learning" and click on "Microsoft Office 365"
3. Click on "Install now" or select "Other installs" if you wish to choose the older version.
4. "Run" the installer program. Click on "yes" if you are then asked whether you want to install the program. NOTE: This will not work properly at school due to the proxy environment – install Office 365 at home.
5. Continue through the installation process. NOTE: The downloading and installation process may take a long time. Please be patient.
6. Once the software is installed it will be validated using your DoE account.
7. Make sure you check the location folder your documents are saved to, as this may be the cloud i.e. OneDrive, which would make them inaccessible if you have no internet access. Choose the location that you prefer, e.g. Documents.