Within the 7-10 Languages Scope of learning students will explore the following Strands:
Students use language for communicative purposes by:
· interacting – exchanging information, ideas and opinions, and socialising, planning and negotiating
· accessing and responding – obtaining, processing and responding to information through a range of spoken, written, digital and/or multimodal texts
· composing – creating spoken, written, bilingual, digital and/or multimodal texts.
Students analyse and understand language and culture by:
· systems of language – understanding the language system including sound, writing, grammar and text structure; and how language changes over time and place
· the role of language and culture – understanding and reflecting on the role of language and culture in the exchange of meaning and considering how interaction shapes communication and identity.